Complaints Policy for Firedart Engineering Underwriting Managers
In compliance with the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (hereinafter referred to as the FAIS Act), Firedart Engineering Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd (Firedart) is committed to:
- prioritise complaints to ensure a speedy resolution in an open and transparent manner;
- analyse complaints to enable us to take measures in eradicating areas of risk and to avoid a recurrence of similar problems;
- maintain records of customer complaints for a period of 5 years.
Complaint must be in writing.
For a complaint to receive the attention that it deserves, we request that your complaint is submitted to us in writing. Please ensure, that where the complaint is delivered by hand or by any other means, that you retain proof of delivery.
Complaint must be relevant.
The financial services environment is complex. Firedart will endeavour to address all reasonable requests from our customers. Where the complaint pertains to any aspect of our service, or any disclosures that ought to be made by us, we will endeavour to address those complaints in writing, within 7 working days. In instances where the complaint pertains to something not within our control, such as intermediary performance, we shall forward the complaint to the financial services provider concerned.
Complaints should be lodged via email to email@example.com. The following process will then be followed:
- The complaint will be lodged in our complaints register on the same day that it is made, and confirmation of receipt forwarded to you, within 3 working days of receipt.
- The complaint is immediately brought to the attention of the Complaints Officer at Firedart.
- The complaint will be investigated. Feedback will be provided at least every 7 days. Once all information is at hand a panel of senior managers evaluate the findings whereafter the outcome of the complaint will be communicated to you.
- If you are not satisfied with our solution, you may refer the complaint to Compass Insure:
- Physical Address: 5th Floor, 90 Rivonia Road, Sandton, Johannesburg,2196
- Telephone: +27 11 745 8333
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.compass.co.za
- If, after having referred the complaint to Compass Insurance, you are still not satisfied with the outcome, we will regard the complaint as being unsatisfactorily resolved. In this instance, the customer must be advised that he/she may refer the matter to the Ombud, be provided with the Ombud’s contact details and advised that this must be done within a period of six months.
- The Ombud for Financial Services Providers may be contacted as follows:
- Telephone: +27 12 762 5000 / +27 12 470 9080
- Facsimile: +27 86 764 1422 / +27 12 348 3447
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Website: www.faisombud.co.za
- Please do not accept any communication from any person until it has been confirmed in writing.